It has also been mentioned by more than one person that my continuation of Day 2 is late, I'm sorry. Life has certainly gotten in the way. It was a busy week, what can I say. So here we go, and again, I don't think I'm going to finish day 2 today, sorry:
After the pep rally, the kids and I started walking over to California Screamin' to wait for Kevin. We grabbed a very delicious frozen strawberry lemonade and a bottle of water and sat in the shade to wait for dad to come off his ride. The wait was a bout 20 minutes, but it was nice to just sit and people watch. Dad came off the ride with the biggest grin on his face, he looked like a big kid, it was nice to see.
After dad's thrilling adventure we decided it was lunch time so we decided to head on over to the "wharf" area of California Adventure. This area mimics the San Fransisco fisherman's wharf area of California. On our way, we ran into Chip and Dale, and astonishingly there wasn't a huge line (shocking). They were fun characters and Chip seemed to take a liking to Jake and decided to have some fun with him.


We then made our way over to the wharf for lunch. Unfortunately I didn't take photos, my family was mortified I had taken photos the day before of food so I kept my camera in my purse. But I can tell you we had two sourdough bread bowls, one had clam chowder in it and the other had an apple chicken salad in it. It was delicious!! The kids shared a sandwich and chips.
After lunch we decided it was time to head over to the Hollywood Picture backlot. We went and saw the Muppets 3D show, it was very fun. After that we stood in line for one hour for the Monsters Inc. ride. Here is a shot taken while I stood in line, I had to do something to kill the boredom.

The ride was good, but I'm not sure it was worth an hour wait. Oh well, at this point we are getting used to waiting and the saying patience is a virtue was one we were getting to know very well.
After our ride on Monsters, we had a quick potty break and decided to head over to Grizzly River Run for another one hour wait. On our way, we got our photo taken in front of the Grizzly Mtn.


Here's a shot of the ride, it was so fun once we got on. We got very wet though, good thing it was warm.

Shots of the kids while we waited in line:

Now it's time to head over to the Sun Wheel and get some scenic shots of Disney. We had to wait about 20 minutes to get on. There were two line. The crazy people line, where people get in these cars and they twist and turn as the wheel turns, or the normal people line where you just sit and enjoy the view. We got in the normal people line. ;)

It was really high, Jake didn't like how high it went:

Dad, laughing at Jake's fear, LOL:

Hana quite enjoyed the ride, everything's A-okay Mom!

I'm not a fan of heights myself, and to be quite honest, this ride freaked me out, but I made it through without my children knowning I wanted to scream. Here's a shot I took from the top of the wheel:

After we got off the wheel, we decided to head back to Grizzly River Run and stand in line for another hour and ride it again it was so fun!! So we did just that. It was getting a little cold at this point though, so getting wet again wasn't such a great idea. The cool part of this ride, was that it got extended because they had to shut it down in the middle. We were at the top of the "big" drop and were hanging suspended just as you go over the edge of doom for about 10 minutes. Yay, that heightened the excitement, not know when you were going to fall to your watery grave. We loved it.
All right, that's it for now. I have just a few little things left for Day 2. Coming up, we head back to Disneyland, have a run in with Pluto, ride Buzz Lightyear, take a ride on the train and much, much more!!!!

1 comment:
Love those pictures Mary - I sooo can't wait to go too!!
And, tag you are it - check my blog :)
Post a Comment