Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Long Distance Friendship!

This post is for two of my long distance friends, Karen L. and Naomi!!

I had the pleasure of speaking with both of them tonight, which is shocking because we very rarely talk on the phone these days.

When I came home from work tonight my daughter was so excited that Naomi had left a care package of shoes and clothing on our door step for her. It was very sweet to think of us and Hana is in heaven. Of course I had to call her and thank her, we spoke very briefly, but it was a nice talk. We hardly do that very much anymore. The sad thing is she lives only a 1/2 hour drive away and we rarely see each other. We're both so busy with our lives and kids. You know the story.

I also had a short, but chaotic, talk on the phone with Karen L. tonight. Let's just say the kids were being very noisy at the time. We don't talk much because she lives in Calgary and I live well, here!!! We generally email back and forth to each, send pictures to each other and she keeps up with my life through my blog as well.

I have to tell both of you, speaking with you, even for the short time I did, really made my day!! I miss both of you!!!

Naomi, we need to get together for that dinner very soon!!

Karen, we need to talk more, plain and simple!!! Although, perhaps we shouldn't do it when my children are screaming in the background. ;)

Okay, so to those of you who have friends you don't see much due to long distance or because life is just too busy I urge you to stop what you're doing, take five and call him/her just to say hi!!

4 comments:

chicks4eggs said...

Well i get to see & spend the whole weekend with a friend of mine !!!!!!!!
see you Friday !

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of long distance friends that mean the world to me!! it's always nice to connect with them!!! glad you enjoyed your phone conversations!!! have a great day!!

Patti said...

I have many long distance friends and have been using my phone A LOT more these days. My kids go to bed by 7:30 so that is my phone time when they are nestled in their beds!:)
It feels great to connect doesn't it?:)

Anonymous said...

mary - it was super great to talk to you the other night - and you are right - we need to talk more often - we have tova's wedding coming up in june - kien graduates from grad 12 in may and then turns 18 in august!!!!!!!!!!! can you believe that - my little blonde haired baby - is now over six feet tall and turning 18 - it is tooooooooooooo much!!!