It's Friday night, I'm leaving soon to go set up tables for the tomorrow's crop. Unbelievably I think I'm organized. We'll see what's thrown at me when I get there tonight and when I get there tomorrow. I even have my scrapbook stuff organized. SHOCKING!!
I have to share, I am soooo excited, we're getting a queen size bed tomorrow. Dh and my stepdad are picking it up tomorrow morning. I know you're thinking, what's the big deal? The big deal is my dh and I have been sleeping on the same DOUBLE bed for the last 17 years. Yes, I typed that right, I said.....17 YEARS.
When we first got together having a double bed was fine for us, it didn't bother us at all. We were young, newly in love and being close and cozey was all the rage, if you know what I mean. ;) Well, 17 years later and we've outgrown the double bed, we are still in love, but man I just don't want to be close and cozey all the time if you kwim?! Dh, has become a bed hog, I don't remember him being like that when we first got together, but man, I just don't sleep well at all when we are in that bed together. I generally sleep well until he comes to bed at about 2:00 AM after work and then it's toss and turn time for me.
I'm sure if he wrote his side of the story about the bed issue is that I'm the bed hog, it goes both ways I'm sure. Regardless, that double bed has seen better days and we've graduated to a grown-up bed!! YAY!!!!

7 comments:
totally exciting!!! enjoy the extra room!!! have fun at your crop and good luck with the scrapping and the event!!!
Wow Mary 17 years. Jack and I have a double bed, it's only been 4.5 yrs but already we're looking at a Queen size. Mind the bed wasn't new when we got it.
Enjoy and I'll see you in the morning.
hehehe Mary, thanks for the giggle! I couldn't imagine sleeping that close to DH..besides, our puppy sleeps with us and it's crowded I hate to think how cramped the 3 of us would be in a double! I want to upgrade to a king, but we just got a new queen last fall. Good luck with the crop, have fun, hoping it is a success.
Yay on the new bed!
Have fun at the crop...hope you have pics to show us when you get back!
I hope you guys had a ton of fun at the crop!
Enjoy the new bed!!
k hubby and have been married almost 9 and i telll you we needed a king from day one tee hee i so hog the bed !!!
mary - that is way too funny!!! and i can't believe that you guys have been together for 17 yrs either - i actually came across your wedding pic the other day with my girls in it!!! hard to believe that tova looks so little there and is now planning her own wedding!!
have fun on your new bed!!!
Post a Comment