Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Breast Cancer Crop



Oh man, the crop is this weekend, where did the time go? I have so much to do and so little time to do it in. I have to put goodie bags together still. Procrastination seems to be my middle name these days. Or could it be that I just have too many balls juggling in the air. I think the latter is true. I’ll be working on the goodie bags tomorrow night as I watch Survivor and Grey’s Anatomy.

Sometimes I stop and think, how did my life get so insanely busy? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good kind of busy, the crop is for a good cause, all the running around I do in the evenings is for my kids, it’s all for them. Multi-tasking seems to be my thing these days.

I think the key to maintaining that last shred of sanity I have is to stop once in awhile and just breath. I admit it, I’m selfish with my “me” time. I tend to put the kids to bed a little earlier than I should on some nights because I enjoy that quiet peacefulness that happens in the evenings. I enjoy watching mindless television in the dark by myself. I enjoy being creative. Unfortunately my creative outlet (scrapbooking) is something that has taken a back seat lately and I must get my mojo going this weekend. I am determined to get some work done at the crop this weekend.

So I will leave you with a quote that has hit home with me today. Now I need to get to work, yes I’m posting on my blog at work. Shh, don’t tell, see I’ve proven it, I’m a multitasker. LOL!!! ;)

Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these. ~Susan B. Anthony~

11 comments:

lacintha said...

Great quote Mary...and I know what you mean about wanting that "me" time..I do exaclty the same things...good luck with the crop!

Sabine said...

Awesome quote Mary!! And, you'll get it all done and then you can have fun and enjoy the crop this weekend.
Putting the kids to bed aerly -I do the same thing to get me time - and it's okay!

Brenna said...

Mary you and Jane always do an awesome job with the crop. Your hard work is definately appreciated. I'm looking forward to Sunday and hope to get something done too.

Brenna said...

Ooops that should say Saturday, lol

Stacy said...

bood luck with those goodie
bags !!!! i will watching greys tomorrow to not sure i am going to watch survior i am thinking deal or no deal though

Patti said...

Isn't it great to be a multi-tasker!! LOL!:)

I can't wait for TV night tonight:)

No doubt, you'll be ready for the weekend Mary!!!!!

Great quote:)

Anonymous said...

love the quote!!!! and good luck with the crop and getting some scrap time in!!! and a mother...a busy, busy, multi tasker...surely not!!! LOL!!! but good to hear to hear you have your moments!!! I am selfish that way too sometimes!!! especially with the kids' bedtimes...no negotiations there..LOL!! will be watching survivor tonight with ya...so excited, can't wait!!! ciao for now!!

chicks4eggs said...

HEY CHICKIE ! Have a blast this weekend & relax, you & Jane always have it pulled together & everyone has a great time ! Wish i could be there, but i will be scrapping too....!!!! Just for more like 50 hours rather than 8 or so ! LOL !
HUGS !
~S

Elsa said...

Awesome quote Mary!! Caos is something that I am familiar with, more so than quiet. With quiet I feel lost, with caos I feel alive and aware of my very being.

Good luck with the crop. I am sure it will go as well as all the ones before. Have fun!!

Amy said...

So glad to hear you're going to be getting some YOU time and get some scrapping done and support a great cause too!

bcgal00 Rae said...

Can't wait for Saturday. You & Jane do an awesome job & we always have a blast! Love your quote.