We're averaging about one to two badges per week and of course have done the easier ones first.
We were going through her book tonight and the ones that are left will take much more work and preparation for her to present at the meetings. It's funny, kids these days are looking for everything instantly. These badges are all doable, but they will take some time and work.
We decided to work on the No More Mess badge today. She had to organize something in her room and also had to go through her clothes and give anything that doesn't fit to charity.
Well, for her parting with anything is difficult but she did it. She parted with one shirt, one sweater, 4 pairs of old socks that don't fit anymore and a pair of dance tights. She also got rid of about 10 "baby" books, two of which she's donating to her classroom. Baby steps, that's what I say, baby steps! LOL!!
She decided to organize her bookshelf in her closet for this badge. These are the before and after shots, I think there's a big difference.
She was humming and hawing about how difficult this was going to be. Blah, blah, blah, but I simply told her it's your badge, I'm not doing it for you. I'll help you when you need help, but you've got to do the majority of the work. Well she did this on her own and I think in the end she realized that it wasn't all that difficult. I hope this was a good lesson for her.

8 comments:
God for your daughter, Mary. Getting my boys to clean up is quite a chore...we have very different ideas about what 'clean' actually is. I'm afraid earning that badge might be rough for them...lol!
Yay - she did a fabulous job! Looks way better LOL.
Cleaning up is a constant battle at our house too - hope she can keep it up ;)
OH she did an awsome job,Mary! I remember those badges..what fun they were...good for her!
Great job!
It sure is a great opportunity for them to learn some 'life skills/lessons' along the way eh!:)
She did an awesome job. Way to go Hana!
Way to go to your daughter!!! I remember doing those badges...I think they teach kids some good lessons and values that seem to be forgotten these days!!! She did a fabulous job!!! ciao for now!!
i understand totally the way kids now a days are looking for instant gratification - but you are right to let her do the work herself - i am sure she feels a great sense of accomplishment for what SHE did!!
Oh that is wonderful, I was in Brownies too, I had so much fun. I am glad that she was able to accomplish this all on her own, That badge will feel so much better once she recieves it. Good for her!!!!
Post a Comment