Saturday, February 3, 2007

Shhh, it's a secret!!!!





We're not telling the kids until just before we leave, so don't blab to them if you see them!! ;) Yes everyone, our family is heading to Disneyland in April. Dh and I are very excited about it. We got a great deal witht he kids fly free/stay free thing. We can't talk about it when the kids are around cause it's a secret, but as soon as they're in bed, we're whispering and planning. We've created code words when we're around the kids as well so we can talk about it without them knowing. We're still trying to come up with a great way to tell them. I of course will have camera in hand. I must document that moment. These are the options we've come up with so far:


  • We have the Easter Bunny leave them a micky and minnie doll in their easter baskets with a note telling them about it (we're leaving just after Easter),


  • We tell them the night before we leave, or


  • We get them up in the morning we leave and just say let's go we're going to Disneyland. Our plane leaves at 6:30 AM so it would be very very early in the morning.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I want to do something special because they are going to freak out!!!!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one little thing. Part of the excitement is the planning and imagining. Tell them a couple days in advance. My DD just did this at Christmas with our grandkids and it worked out wonderfully well. They didn't sleep the first night they were told so had time to catch up before doing the long trip (they went to Disneyworld). They are 7&8.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness Mary...how fun! I like all of the ideas you came up with...sorry I guess that doesn't help you decide which way to go. I think no matter how you tell them it will so exciting and such a surprise! We are going next spring break but our kids already know...now I wish they didn't, so I could do something cool like this to let them know. Have fun with all the secret codes between you and DH.

lacintha said...

hey mary..what fun! I would tell them you're flying to *some boring place*...while they moan and groan their way to the airport,they should settle down on the plane once all the yucky airline food starts making the rounds...then when they strat the announcements,let them hear it and feign shock "What!!! Disney!!!?? We're supposed to be going to *some boring place*...

That's how I'd do it! But I'm a sadistical sicko!...lol...

(can I come,please?)

Anonymous said...

Antipication is one of the best parts...I like the Easter idea. How fun for you guys. Have a blast!!

Anonymous said...

I like the easter bunny idea - then you get to see them excited for a few days before hand!

Anonymous said...

how fabulous!!! What a greta surprise for them...and I am totally thinking along the same lines as Laci...I would just pack their stuff without them knowing...if possible...wake them up the morning to go and say..."come on, get ready...we have to leave right away!! and see how long it takes for them to figure it out!!! How fun!!
have a great night!!

Brenna said...

I think I would do the Easter thing too.
How exciting, can't wait to see the photos

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary. I have to agree with everyone that says to give them a few days notice. That way they can tell their friends at school and have their own exciting thoughts of what they think Disneyland will be like. It would also be fun to surprise them on the plane but that takes away a few amazing days of anticipation.

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm so happy for your family, your kids are at perfect ages!!!

tara

Marina said...

Oh how exciting Mary, your kids will love it.

I like the Easter idea, as long as they don't believe in the Easter Bunny, (or it might not matter), but they might think the trip is from the Easter Bunny and not you. If you don't mind that that is a fabulous way to let them know and a good Easter present then too!!!