Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nearly 3 months since I posted

Has it really been nearly three months? I'm bad, really, really bad. Wow! It has been a busy three months though. So here's a rundown:

BC Crop for Kids

Registration for Crop for Kids started on May 5th and we sold out in 1 hour and 39 minutes. Wow is all I can say, that blew us away!! Then our waitlist started to grow and grow. We made some changes and were able to add some additional seats and made some wait list people happy. Our next task was then getting the classes up on the site with a goal to start class registration for class attendees in June. Class registration started and we sold out 5 classes right away. Another whoo hoo!! We've just announced that general class registration begins on July 16th, so if want to come and help raise some money for a worthy cause and take a class as well please check us out at http://www.bccropforkids.ca/ and register for a class on July 15th.

I've come across so many amazing people and business while planning this event. The generosity of the human spirit is so absolutely amaizing.

We are now nearly TWO MONTHS away from the event. Holy cow, where did the time go? So needless to say I will continue to be busy with planning, typing up itineraries and finding skookum door prizes for the event. But it's all worth it!!

Keep checking out our website http://www.bccropforkids.ca/ and our blog http://www.bccropforkids.blogspot.com/ as we have more fun and exciting stuff to announce in the coming months!!

My Mom

My mom is recovering well from her stroke in February. She has permanent speech impairment. There is some difficulty in understanding her but it's not too bad. Numbers seem to pose the biggest problem for her.

The bad news is, they think part of the reason she had the stroke was because she has a very serious heart condition called cardio myopathy. She is now gearing up for some pretty serious heart surgery which if all goes well will improve her quality of life and length of life substantially. Right now she can't do much and she's very bored. I know because she calls me a couple of times of day just wanting to talk.

My Family

Jake and Hana finished Grade 3 and now are on their way to Grade 4. Summer is here and they're bored already.

As a working parent, I honestly cannot wait until school starts again in September. I dread the summer to be quite honest. It's two months of trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the kids without imposing too much on my job.

We've had a emotional week this week, as we had to put our cat down on Wednesday. Kevin did not take it well, it really hit him the hardest. We had Minnie for 14 years and really she was our first baby. We got her before we got married and she was essentially our child for many many years. When the kids came along I didn't have the time to spend as much as I used to with her. Kevin and Minnie had a connection. She would sleep with him when worked graveyards and he was in bed alone. She wouldn't sleep with him if I was there!! When he came home from work she would hear the car pull up and wait for him at the door. She followed him around the house mewing. It was sweet and as such this makes it a very sad time in our household. Kevin was pretty upset on Wednesday. I had only seen him that upset one other time, when his grandfather passed away. So we're all trying to heal and get over the loss of Minnie. She lived a good life and she will be missed.

Scrapbooking

I haven't really had time to do too much scrapbooking.

I went to a retreat at the end of April at Loon Lake. It was 4 days of pure bliss. I did about a dozen layouts all weekend, but I didn't care. I ate awesome food, scrapbooked, slept a lot, spent quality time with good friends and had three spa treatments. Yes, three!!! It was an amazing weekend indeed!!

I took a class in May at Cherish The Thought, a new scrapbook store in Port Moody. This is my new favourite store. Jessie has created this very special place that just makes you feel welcome. I know they will do very well!!

I had some happy scrapbooking email in May as well, one of my layouts was chosen to be published in the Fall issue of Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine. This is my first publication and it was so exciting getting that email. Yay me!!

I'm going to the Harrison Hot Springs Scrapping Away retreat in November!! Yay, another exciting piece of news. I've been wanting to go to a Scrapping Away retreat for quite some time so I'm excited it's actually happening. Sandra at The Memory Workshop is the on site store there and it's actually at the actual Harrison Hot Springs Resort which should be fabulous. I may even blow the dust off my swimsuit and sit the hot springs at the resort that weekend. Watch out!!

Okay, so that is about it for now, I think we're all caught up.

So I am going to try this blogging thing again. Hopefully I'll keep up with it. It may only be a picture or two if I'm busy but I'll try.

No comments: