Thursday, January 10, 2008

Friendship

So, today I'm thinking a lot about friendship. I'm very lucky to have wonderful friends!! You know who you are, and I'm not naming anyone because then I'll forget someone and I'll be in trouble. LOL! I've known some for many years, I've known some for less time but feel like I've known them for many years, and some well, sometimes frienship is fleeting...unfortunately :( Anyway, I'm happy to say that hasn't happened too often to me. But when it does, it hurts.

So here's a little poem on friendship (simple friend vs. true friend). Thank you to all my friends, I truly appreciate you and all that you do for me. Hugs!! :) I'll be in a better mood next time I post, I promise!!

Simple Friend vs. True Friend: A pause for reflection - Anyone can stand by you when you are right but a Friend will stand by you even when you are wrong....

A simple friend identifies himself when he calls. A true friend doesn't have to.

A simple friend opens a conversations with a full news bulletin on his life. A true friend says, "What's new with you?"

A simple friend thinks the problems you whine about are recent. A true friend says, "You've been whining about the same thing for 14 years. Get off your duff and do something about it."

A simple friend has never seen you cry. A true friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names. A true friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party. A true friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed. A true friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems. A true friend seeks to help your with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history. A true friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. A true friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument. A true friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them. A true friend expects to always be there for you!

No comments: