Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where Have I Been..

Well, I wonder if anyone ever reads my blog anymore. I doubt it, but I've found it quite a chore keeping it up these days. Other things have taken precedent unfortunately and I've found that it's much easier updating photos etcetera on facebook. I can also easily keep track of friends/family etcetera there. I'm going to try and continue to update my blog as I have some friends that aren't on facebook and I'm told that they miss my updates. :)

So where have I been? Being a wife and mom, working and unfortunately not scrapbooking as much as I'd like. It's been months since I've done any kind of scrapbooking in my albums. I've made gifts for others, but nothing for myself. I'm finding it very difficult to get back into the regular swing of scrapbooking too, and that makes me sad.

I hope everyone had a fab Christmas. We had a wonderful holiday and I'll be back to work in a few days. My break really went too fast. Life these days is going by way too fast.

New Years is now fast upon us, and I've never been one to make resolutions, because I find that they create too much pressure on me and I don't want to let myself down. But there are two things I really want to accomplish and do in 2008 (but I don't want to call them resolutions):

1. Scrapbooking more for myself.
2. Live a healthier lifestyle.

I don't want to call it a "diet" because quite frankly I don't believe in them. I truly believe that these "weight loss companies" you pay money to don't work. What happens when you stop paying them their money, getting their food etcetera, you gain the weight back. I've seen this happen to many friends, I don't want this to happen to me. It can't be healthy for you to lose a ton of weight and then gain it all back and more and then sign on for the next diet plan and lose it again. This yo yo diet thing can't be very healthy for you.

So, I'd rather call it a lifestyle change. I find it's too easy to stop a "diet", but if you change your lifestyle it's a much more permanent thing. Does that make sense?

Off I go now, here's to a more creative and healthier 2008 for everyone!!!

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Yay Mary, nice to see a new entry in your blog although I'm just as bad. I've started a new blog for 2008 where I will be posting a photo a day. Sure hope I can keep it up. Happy New Year to you, we need to do lunch and pie at the Home again very soon. :)

Anonymous said...

hi Mary...glad to have a little read on your blog. I know what you mean about busy as I was a single mum - no time to myself. And with a husband working so much and shifts it's sort of the same thing! Maybe one weekend Kate and I can come visit and have a little scrap with you!

Kimberly said...

YAY Mary! I'm so glad you updated!!! I totally have been checking yours and waiting for an update! and YES...do keep it going, it's just such a great way to know each other more! LOVE it!
I love your way of thinking about your weight goals too! I'm sure you will be on track too with your positive thoughts too!
xoxo
Loves and blessings to you!
K

Anonymous said...

hurray!!!! i knew you were there somewhere - nice to hear from you again - keep up the good work - talk to you soon

karen lacroix