Sunday, June 10, 2007

How Weddings Have Changed!

I haven't been to a wedding in quite awhile and this summer I'm going to two weddings.

I'll be attending the wedding of Tova and Josh on the July long weekend in Calgary. Tova is the daughter of a friend of mine. Tova, her sister, Dara, and their mom Karen were all members of my wedding party 12 years ago. It's hard to believe that Tova is getting married, I think she was 8 or 9 when I got married. I'm excited to be going to the wedding, I didn't think twice about going, in fact I booked the ticket and RSVP'd without even checking with dh. It's a given I would go, albeit on my own. We can't afford for the entire family to fly to Calgary unfortunately.

Although I'm not in on the planning of Tova's wedding it has become abundantly clear since I got married things have changed. Weddings are different now, I actually wish they were like this when I got married!

My brother, Greg, is also marrying his long time love Lauren on the August long weekend this summer and I have heard firsthand accounts of their wedding planning. Jake and Hana are in the wedding, ring bearer and flower girl, they're going to look so cute in their outfits.

Weddings are themed now, right down to the decorations, table and place settings, music, food etcetera. It's amazing and it's quite a business.

I'm so looking forward to attending both weddings this summer!

I had lunch with my family yesterday and Lauren mentioned that there were some wedding first dances on the youtube, that people were doing themed group dances. So I had to go check them out, and of course share them here:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPmYbP0F4Zw


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhlm9GTAQ0

3 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

OMG,Mary, that looks like so much fun!!!! I could see me doing the thriller dance..that would be a riot!!!

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...

oops that link didnt work! Try cutting and pasting the http://... part.

MARY IN THE SPOTLIGHT