And my eyes aren't quite open yet. We have a family birthday party tonight and it's potluck. I'm bringing the dessert, homemade cheesecake with raspberry coulis and chocolate sauce. I had never made a cheesecake before and found it was super easy to do, however perhaps you shouldn't start making it at 10:30 at night. Yes, I started way too late.
It was a great day yesterday. Kate came over for the day so we could do some work on the POTP retreat. Brenna, came over for dinner, we used her Cropidile for a project, that was the one disclaimer, would you like to come for dinner, but could you bring your Cropidile. LOL, thanks Brenna for letting us use you!!! Kate and Brenna left at 10:30 and then I started baking. The cheesecake was in the oven for an hour and then I had to turn it off and leave it in the warm oven for at least another 1/2 hour. So it didn't come out until after 1:00 AM. But imho it looks darn good, I sure hope it tastes as good as it looks.
Kate was worried that I wouldn't stay awake and the cheesecake would burn so she called me when she got home in Vancouver to make sure I was awake!! I told her, never fear, I just logged on to facebook and I'm good to go for at least a few hours!! Man, that is so addicting, I found a few more highschool friends. Oh and Brenna, I posted a video for you on there.
So I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend, I know I am!!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OMGoodness...all this sounds like such GOOD times!!!! I so wish I lived closer to you girls!!!
I bet that cheesecake is FABULICIOUS too!!!
xoxo
Love ya,
K
Glad to hear you didn't burn the cake Mary...now you need to tell us how it tasted. If it was a success you must share the recipe, lol. See you Friday!
Sounds like you had fun with the girls!! I can almost taste that cheesecake, on of my fav desserts!!!
mary - kien looooooves cheesecake and i have the world's easiest recipe ever - will have to email it to you!!!!!!
Post a Comment