Saturday, June 9, 2007

Week in Review

Why is it I can't seem to keep up with my blog these days? Life is crazy, that's why. It always seems to get l ike that when June hits. So here is a run down of a week in the life of Mary, aka legal assistant, mommy, Brownie treasurer, dance mum, tae kwon do mum, volunteer field trip parent, oh yeah I'm a wife too!!!! :)

  • Monday, was a day off from work as I committed to go on a field trip with Jake's class to Michael's. Very exasperating trip indeed, how many days until school's out? I'm sorry but his teacher just send me over the edge, I'm so glad this year is almost over. After school, Hana had a dress rehearsal, so off to The Act we went where I was one of the volunteer moms for her group. Then homework, dinner and getting ready for another week of work.
  • Tuesday, my first day back and my week truly begins. Work is busy, work is always busy, but it keeps me out of trouble and sometimes work is less work than at home. KWIM? Tuesday evening come home, give the kids dinner and take Jake to tae kwon do. It was a good class, a really good class.
  • Wednesday, more of the same work again! Hana has another dress rehearsal but a friend takes her for me. Then I come home give the kids dinner and as I was about to run off to Brownies with Hana, I stub my toe really hard on the stairs. I thought at the time I may have broken it, but now I don't. It swelled up and was purple, but I'm all good now. Spent time at Brownies with Hana then came home and got he kiddos to bed.
  • Thursday, work again. Dad took the kids to a dentist appointment. Jake has his first cavity, this make me sad. I told Kevin he has to take Jake to get the filling, I don't want my fear and anxiety about the dentist wearing off on him. Thursday night dad takes Jake to tae kwon do, whoo hoo, I need the rest.
  • Friday, work, and work was at its finest, a big trial starting on Monday and I spent my day getting everything ready. How much paper does one need to prove its case, well in this case hundreds of binder of paper. Holy crap! I take the train home early today and begin preparations for the big dance recital. The curling iron is warmed up and I begin curling Hana's hair. Off we go to the recital, and yes I'm the backstage mom tonight. The kids performed, they were great!
  • Saturday, well today is just beginning. Hana has two recitals today, the family is coming and between that we are going out for an early dinner.

I was so excited that I got two calls this week about donations for Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids. I secured some awesome donations from these two companies. Whoo hoo, all my work is starting to pay off.

This weekend I'm doing more week on Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids. I have a huge list of people I need to contact to see if they would like to sponsor or donating door prizes. I hope my good luck this week continues and I get a great response.

The kids are bugging me for breakfast so I'd better get my day started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, it's the month of toes!! I dislocated mine last week playing soccer! Had to get the doc to pull it back into place! Take it easy Mary!
-mum22ins