Oh my, it's Thursday already!!!!!
I thought I'd share a few photos from Jake's tae kwon do graduation on Sunday, it went very well. He went from a purple belt to a blue belt.
I have to point out, I can never get a good picture of my dh, and boy does he need a haircut. He hates his photo being taken, every photo I have of him he's making either a snide remark as I take it and as such he has a silly look on his face, or he closes his eyes or looks away. I swear, I think I need to do a layout about all the ruined photos I have of him!!
Note in the photo of Jake, the missing tooth, he lost a tooth on Saturday night. There was a lot of trauma on Sunday morning because the tooth fairy didn't come. Yes that's right, I forgot, and yes, I feel bad about it. On Sunday morning I hear the kids starting to stir and then all of a sudden I hear Jake yell from his room, "Hana, the tooth fairy didn't come!!!". Instantly I feel horrible, how did I forget to put some money under his pillow, I know I'm the worst mother in the world. I think I might have traumatized my kid for life.
I assured him that the since he lost his tooth later in the evening that the tooth fairy was already out and about and that she probably couldn't make to our house last night. I think he bought it. I still think he was upset by it. So the day goes on and just before bed he asks for paper, he wants to write a note to the toothy fairy, which reads:
"dear: Tooth Fairy
Why didint you come last night. I bet it was because lots of kids lost teeth. Well anywas write on the back for your aswer.
by: Jake"
The tooth fairy responded as follows:
"Dear Jake,
I'm very sorry I didn't make it to your house on Saturday night. As you said, many children lost their teeth on Saturday and I was very busy. By the time I got to your house you were starting to wake-up so I decided to come on Sunday night.
See you soon,
The Toothy Fairy"
Well, you should have seen his face when he got that note on Monday morning. It was so precious. He then promptly got mad at his sister for waking him up on Sunday morning and scaring the tooth fairy away. LOL!!
I just went to grab the note from his room, I think I'm going to keep it and scrapbook this wonderful memory. When I took it from his room he's written "thanks" with a happy face under the toothy fairy's note. He's such a sweet boy!!!
So, I will do my very best to get to everyone's blogs on the weekend, I just don't have much time during the week to check them out. I'll be posting comments very soon, so sorry for not being around much.

4 comments:
how proud you must be Mary, that is quite an accomplishment...good for him! Don't feel bad about the tooth fairy...I've done it too! It is a horrible feeling but luckily kids are pretty easy to convince otherwise. Since then too, I made a pretty cool toothfairy door hanger, that way, I can see it when I go to bed. Under the pillow is kinda like outta sight, outta mind. I would love to see a layout about the funny faces your DH makes as you take the picture...what a great scrap topic!! Enjoy the weekend, take care!
Good for Jake on his graduation and losing a tooth. Glad it worked out in the end and you are def. not a terrible mother you are a great one!
Oh man, I forgot to be tooth fairy once and I felt horrible LOL!! I am glad it happens to other mothers too :) The stuff we have to do/be huh?
Jake looks so proud with his new belt - congrats :)
I've got ya beat for worst mother -- the tooth fairy has forgotten many many times in our house for days (and yes I"ll admit it) even a few weeks -- Grandma came over found out and remedied that problem.
Post a Comment