Thursday, February 22, 2007

Where did the week go?

Is it Thursday already!! WOW!!! I've neglected my blog, I've neglected my email, and I'm sorry. I can't seem to catch up right now. Here's a quick synopsis of my week so far.

Monday: Went in to work early (got up at 4:30 in the morning to catch a 5:45 AM train), I know I'm insane. I had a big project to work on and I needed some no interruption quiet time. It took me about two hours to complete without interruption. It was a good day until about 3:00 PM when my phone rang and it was the "staff issues" aka HR person who was calling on me to "save the day" once again. When I walked in his office the first words out of his mouth were "You know how 007 always saves the day, well you're our 007". He hit me with a shocker, long story, too long to go into here, needless to say I'm not pleased. I'm not sure I expressed myself clearly enough to him though because I was so shocked that he had the gall to even ask me this "favour". I left work fairly ticked off and then it was home to do dinner, homework and take dd to dance.

Tuesday: I go to work, and decide I need to follow-up my conversation with the "staff issues" person with an email to cover my behind. So I spend the first few minutes of my day drafting a synopsis of our conversation, just so we are all on the same page and there's no confusion. Work was the same, I came home, did dinner, homework and took ds to tae kwon do.

Wednesday: I get to work, there's a voicemail, from the "staff issues" person. He's calling with respect to my email, my understanding of the conversation we had on Monday isn't quite the same as his. I decide, hmmm, typical, I think I shall save this voicemail, the legal assistant in me decides I'm also going to transcribe it into a hard copy for my records. Let's just say, I had a feeling I was being "shined" on. So I decide to follow-up his voicemail with another email. In this email I state, "I want to clarify my position with respect to your request...." , it says stuff like "While I'm happy to help out in a jam, I will not work for [this person] on a permanent basis again, I reiterate my statement to you that I will only agree to assist [this person] on a temporary basis....". I leave work, go home do dinner, homework and then we're off to Brownies with dd.

Thursday: I go to work, have expecting another voicemail as a follow-up to my "clarification" email, but nothing, nada, zip. I hope they now understand my position. I've decided, I'm following everything up with them in writing now. They may not be too happy about that, that's not their style, but I don't care, I've learned the hard way. Work was good, busy but good. I came home, cooked dinner, did homework and took ds to tae kwon do. He had a grading today and did a fabulous job. I can't believe how he can remember all those moves, it's so cool to see. He will be graduating to another belt on Sunday, very exciting indeed.

Well if you're still reading, thank you, I know it was boring, but I had to get it out.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's a pretty busy week Mary...I am having one of those myself. Sorry about the stuff at work...that sucks!
Hopefully it's done with. Here's looking towards a fabulous weekend!

Patti said...

Good for you for standing your ground and thinking of protecting your @ss Mary!:)

You have to take care of you first and foremost.

That is awesome your kiddo is doing so well with his 'belts'.